Internet Connection Errors While Torrenting

sunflowerstarr

I have been torrenting for a while and never had any problems up until a few months ago. I only made a few changes where I changed the number of downloads at a time (before listing as queued). My antivirus (Avast Internet Security 7) has not changed, the firewall shows that it is to allow all connections. But in the past few months, if I am downloading a torrent, it makes all of my other work on the internet error or go extremely slow. I even wondered if maybe it was something I accidentally hit so I uninstalled and selected to remove settings, rebooted and reinstalled the latest version of BitTorrent and it still happens. It isn't just on my computer but anyone on the same network. Anyone know what I need to check or how to fix this? Thanks!

Thanks for the information, working on the port forwarding. Before when I ran the setup guide it was fine and came back with a green check. Now it's telling me the port is not open. I have a Linksys E1550 router and have followed the steps for opening ports there (as much as I could since the screenshots on the portforward.com site has old screenshots and I can't see the starting range liek they show, just an individual listening port. Have tried ranges I found online, as well as just single port forwarding of the port listed in the setup guide. My firewall in Avast shows to allow all connections. Any suggestions for getting the port open?

Archived