upload speed limit - mac

Guest vinivendra

Guest vinivendra

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new in this forum, but here goes nothing:

I've been using bittorrent for OSX (apple's mac OS) for a while, and I really like it because the download speed can go WAY faster than in my old pc, up to 1200 kB/s. The problem is I can never get the upload speed to go that high, it always stops at around 80 kB/s. That makes it really difficult to seed stuff because downloads happen in 5 minutes and uploads force me to leave my notebook on for hours if I want to seed things up to a 1.10 ratio, which I usually do.

I already tried setting the upload speed limit to unlimited in the bottom of the window (the little upwards arrow), and tried doing the same thing in the preferences window (command + ,) by going to "Limit manually to:" in the Bandwidth tab and setting it to 0 (unlimited).

I also tried (in both places) to limit the upload speed to something like 200 kB/s, but it always gets to around 89 and starts dropping again.

I changed my router recently, but no changes in speed were noticeable.

I was thinking maybe its a limitation from my internet provider (not sure if that's the correct term), but I'd like to know if there's anything I haven't tried yet or any way to find out for sure if that's the case.

Thanks in advance

Guest vinivendra

What are your connection's rated speeds?

I'm not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but according to speedtest.net it's 8.60 MB/s download and 0.74 MB/s upload.

Archived