BitTorrent Still Not Working

Guest Kimberly

Guest Kimberly

So it's been a while since I used Bittorrent because it spontaniously quit working. At the time, I had tried all the work arounds from deleting and reinstalling to completely turning off my firewall. Nothing worked. I came back today to reinstall in the hopes that the issue was fixed, but it still isn't. When I install BitTorrent there comes a page where it says 'Page Cannot Be Loaded' with the option to agree or disagree. I agree in order to install since disagreeing doesn't give me any other options. Then BitTorrent loads up like it should save for the little red flashing exclamation point down in the bottom left corner, which I click. This leads me to a system test which never connects no matter how long I leave it up and running. Could someone please tell me what I can do to fix this issue? I really miss being able to download.

Guest Kimberly

What internet security software do you actually have installed?

I have microsoft security essentials and windows firewall with windows 7 completely up-to-date. I turned off the firewall and reinstalled bittorrent, but no dice.

Guest Kimberly

Nothing else like peerblock or any other applications?

Nope. That's it. BitTorrent worked fine on this computer up until about four or five months back when it just stopped working for no apparant reason. My computer is less than a year old, and the only thing I've really got on it is Microsoft Office and the Sims 3.

Guest Kimberly

What changed when it stopped working?

I'm pretty sure there was an update. Also, I've just realized I have an issue with Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 64bit works perfectly, but the 32bit doesn't work at all. Apparantly this is why I can't download Google Chrome. Troubleshooting has had no effect. I'm wondering if this is why BitTorrent isn't working.

Guest Kimberly

It took me what seems like endless hours to discover how to fix internet explorer. I had to run a command through cmd and reboot to get it to work, but once internet explorer was fixed, the problem was solved. Apparantly, with windows vista and 7, this is a common problem that might be affecting other bittorrent users as well.

Archived