Bittorrent high memory usage

Purkev

When i start Bittorrent, it appears to work normally. But while it's used, it use more and more RAM. Task Manager show that non paged kernel memory usage is very high, but Bittorrent process usage is normal. So i need to restart the system to prevent crashes and slow performance. This happens only 2~3hours after start up. If i stop Bittorrent, kernel memory used by Bittorrent it isn't released, therefore the RAM used. And if i don't start Bittorrent, system works perfectly without excessive RAM usage.

I tried utorrent too, but this problem still continue.

I checked my system for malwares, and have no problems.

If someone knows how to fix it, i'm waiting for your answer.

Thanks

The short version is that this is windows' disk cache being stupid. Because the bittorrent process isn't what is using the ram, it's not actually bittorrent that is the root cause.

Do you have some idea of what is causing this problem? I mean a similar case... Only happens when Bittorrent are in use.

• 1 month later...

I think the problem is related to the disk full or disk overloaded problem. I am using Windows 8 and Bittorrent 7.7. I have set the disk-cache to 1000 Mb. The downloads slows down after receiving allmost 1 GB. I then set the cache-size to 1500 MB, the downloads speeds up again until 1.4 GB. What I notice in the task manager from Windows 8 is allmost no disk activity. Sometimes a few seconds of 0.1 Mb/s but 90-100 % of the time no disk activity. So when the cache is consumed the downloads slows down again.

Archived