Speed Test Results Not Saving

hydroknight01

Hey.

I've noticed over the last few days that BitTorrent has been acting up; I have been experiencing a few specific problems:

• BitTorrent starts up with no network information saved -- there's no icon in the bottom-right corner, and I have to re-run the speed test every time I open BitTorrent. This has been explained to me. Thank you.
  • The results of speed tests are not saved when I click 'Save and Close'. No-matter how many times I run the speed test, the results never save. Also, BitTorrent sometimes abruptly closes itself while the speed test is being run; this crash either happens or it doesn't.
  • The new ads are malfunctioning; yesterday they suddenly refused to close when I pressed the X button and just kept cycling until they got stuck on the Facebook app, and now today, they've stopped cycling and won't work altogether.
  • BitTorrent can't seem to open one of the torrents I've been seeding any more. The other's fine and seeding normally, but BitTorrent can't seem to detect the other, even though it *is* where BitTorrent says it can't find it. Removed and reloaded torrent; this seems to have fixed that problem.

Can someone please explain to me just what the hell is going on? I haven't recently changed any settings, but I began to notice these problems just after the new ads appeared. Now BitTorrent is more or less knackered altogether, because it just won't work properly without the speed test results.

Help me please!

EDIT:

Bold bullet points are problems found and added after the initial post.

BitTorrent starts up with no network information saved -- there's no icon in the bottom-right corner, and I have to re-run the speed test every time I open BitTorrent.

You have a misunderstanding of the behavior of how that icon works. If there are no torrents or peer connections, that icon will be completely absent.

You have a misunderstanding of the behavior of how that icon works. If there are no torrents or peer connections, that icon will be completely absent.

Well thanks for enlightening me there, but that doesn't really solve the problems I'm having - every time that icon disappears, the speed test results disappear with it and I have to re-do the test once the icon reappears. And while we're on the subject of problems, I've just noticed another one:

• BitTorrent can't seem to open one of the torrents I've been seeding any more. The other's fine and seeding normally, but BitTorrent can't seem to detect the other, even though it *is* where BitTorrent says it can't find it. Disregard this, I just fixed it.

There is no reason to go back to the Setup guide after the initial setup UNLESS you have changed internet providers or packages. If you look in the main preferences windows such as bandwidth and queueing, you'll see that the settings ARE kept constant.

If the settings aren't actually being retained, then you have security properties issues on your settings files.

Archived