BitTorrent cuts off my internet after 15-20 minutes

TudorSuta

I've recently done a clean install of Windows 8 and since I've been consistently experiencing an issue in which my internet connection would first slow down then come to a complete stop after about 15-20 minutes of BitTorrent being active. Chrome cites a 'connection interpution' as the issue. BitTorrent itself will continue to download/upload but I have noticed the connection to trackers will go down as well so, as a result, sooner or later the downloading/uploading will stop as well. Nothing I do will fix the issue other than restarting the computer. I've tried resetting the network adapter, uninstalling then re-installing the adapter and using the tool in BitTorrent to set up the connection properly but nothing works. As far as I know all my drivers are fine and up to date. I should note that I have never experienced an issue like this with Windows 7.

I'm sorry but is there anything in particular you'd like you know? I'm using the default settings for almost everything except for a limit on upload speed at 135 KB/S, max global connections of 200 (which I set myself). The rest is either default or set by the tool. Thank you.

Archived