Seed directory

Taff107

Hi, excuse my ignorance but I'm a new user here with the IT ability of a caveman, am after some advice.

Having downloaded numerous files using BitTorrent, The files have been renamed and moved to a different folder on another drive. I would like to keep the system I have as it is (download to the one location, rename and move) however, BitTorrent obviously loses track of the file and is unable to seed. Now in the spirit of it all, I would like to 'give back' and allow BitTorrent to search specific folders to get what someone is after.

Any ideas if this can be done and what is the process for doing it? (told you my knowledge was limited....)

Any advice is appreciated

Because you have renamed files, you need to use the "Relocate" function on the files tab for EACH INDIVIDUAL file involved in order to tell BitTorrent where you've moved the files to.

That function allows you to browse individually for the files you've renamed and moved.

There is no other way, because at a protocol level, BitTorrent doesn't have a concept of files.

Because you have renamed files, you need to use the "Relocate" function on the files tab for EACH INDIVIDUAL file involved in order to tell BitTorrent where you've moved the files to.

That function allows you to browse individually for the files you've renamed and moved.

There is no other way, because at a protocol level, BitTorrent doesn't have a concept of files.

Aah ok, so does that mean when it has finished d/loading, it has to stay on the main d/loading area of the screen or can I remove it after relocating?

• 4 years later...
On 12/19/2012 at 7:52 AM, Harold Feit said:

Does this mean that if I do NOT rename a file I can relocate this to a seeding folder?

I would to clean up the download directory of completed files that I have, and keep them to continue seeding in a separate folder. How do I do this and keep seeding the same torrent rather than creating a new torrent?

Also, I cannot find the relocate function. Where do I click to find that? Or is that a pro only option?

Using BitTorrent 7.9.9 build 43086

Archived