How do I locate the .torrent file that is associated with a given download

arick

I have a partial download of a very large torrent that I want to provide to my son-in-law. I want to send what has already been downloaded, but I also want to include the associated torrent file so that he can finish the download. Between uTorrent and BitTorrent, I have changed some of the configuration around a bit, and with all the torrents that I have queued up, I have not been able to figure out which torrent file is associated with the partial download. If I can find the torrent file that is associated with the partial download and include that on the HD that I am shipping him, I am hoping that he can finish the download (he is a very experienced BitTorrent user). So I have two questions:

1) What is the minimum that I can give him, that will eable him to finish the download,

2) How can I identify the particular .torrent file that is associated with a given download?

More Details:

For Christmas, I was planning on sending my son-in-law a download of the entire Batman comic book collection, which I have been downloading for the last month or two. I have managed to pull down two of the three major collections, but the third collection, which is MTCDC-NMC 08 Batman A-Z, is not going to be completely downloaded in time. My plan is to copy all of the downloaded folders onto a USB 3.0 drive and send it out. However, that will leave about half of the last collection only partially downloaded. He has a much, much better internet connection, so I figure that he can probably finish up the download a lot faster then I have been able to download, if I can also provide him with the .torrent file that is associated with the download that is partially complete.

You can probably just copy the magnet URI (from the right-click menu) and give that to him as a shortcut or in a text file to start the download. Then, once it populates the files on his drive, he can stop the torrent, copy the files over, and force a re-check to get your partial files over to his setup.

Umm, that is a good idea. I will tell him to try it out. I will post his results.

BTW: I have run into this type of situation a couple of times, where it would have been handy to be able to locate the .torrent file that is associated with a given download. This would be a nice piece of information to add to the "Info" tab.

Archived