Vista Recovery Disc

crlamb

About 2 years ago I created a "Vista Recovery Disc" in case the computer ever failed. Well that failure occurred and the hard drive crashed. I replaced the hard drive and utilized the "Operating System Disk" and was able to reinstall the operating system. When I installed the "Vista Recovery Disc" to try to reinstall the programs and files, the C.D. was worthless as it was saved as a "BitTorrent" file that windows could not open.

How can I access those files that are on a CD ?

I thought that it was somewhat "strange" that a recovery disc for a Microsoft system that could not even be read by a Microsoft system, but I followed the directions that were presented. This was done in 2009, but it did have all the programs that were in use at that time, which was most, if not all of the programs that were installed during the live of the hard drive. I guess that this was a "learning" experience. Since there was not an external drive on this computer, I have now learned that programs such as Acronis or Macrium are wise choices. My computer that I use has two externals and Acronis has my operating system, all files and programs. Thanks for your response.....I have learned from it

Archived