Random file change - .bt! getting added back on?

Guest Emily

Guest Emily

Hi. I've just started having weird hiccups: randomly while downloading an already complete file will have .bt! put back on the address, and then BitTorrent can't 'find' it, so the download/seed crashes with "Element not found". All I need to do is go to the file, delete the last few chars and then force re-check, but it means hours of missed time (at work or overnight).

Its been a couple of torrents now, and maybe 6 times in the last week. I'm running 7.2.1 on Windows 98, a laptop. I think I may have downloaded some Windows updates not long before this started happening, and did have a bad crash around a week ago.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Guest Emily

Wow, just so many helpful ideas...

Anyway, the problem seems to have been associated with one folder of files and now that that's cleared the problem appears to have finished. Really annoying while it was happening, couldn't upload or download for any length of time.

If possible I'd still like to know if anyone has any suggestions on why this might have happened in the first place? There were only .avi files and 1 .txt file in the folder, all ran fine.

Archived