Neither NAT-PMP nor uPnP is enabled

Guest raju

Guest raju

Hi, I am first time user to bit torrent and i have this problem

I stated two download but both of them are not starting. At the right hand side below corner, yellow status shows and it explains that it cannot be downloaded.

when i run the bandwidth test, the message shows is " Neither NAT-PMP nor uPnP is enabled " pleae help

Guest guest

i have both enabled, i have down port forwards and everything. uPnP is enabled on my router, not sure what to do about NAT-PMP. When I run the tests on bittorrent, that message comes up, but when I uncheck bandwidth and only have network checked and run the test, everything comes back fine.

Guest Guest

What internet security software do you have installed?

i am using AVG 8.5 ...but it was working great for about a month and now it won't work at all. I've checked the port and it is open.

Guest Guest

Do you have any ideas what could have changed when it stopped working? (Windows updates, anything similar to that)

only thing I can think of is when windstream had to reset our modem because it wouldn't connect for some reason, but we set all of the settings back to the way it was. I've done tons of research on getting it to work and even though I have everything enabled and the ports forwarded and the static IP setup, it still has the yellow triangle in the bottom right corner.

Guest Guest

Then it's likely something in that modem setup that is now different from what it used to be when it worked.

Do you have your own router in addition to the windstream modem?

yes its a linksys WRT54G

Then maybe the reset has put you in a Double-NAT situation where their modem is also a router that needs to be configured (I'd recommend bridge mode over trying to juggle port forwarding through two devices like you have)

How to get things configured depends on how much configuring you want to do.

Guest Guest

Then maybe the reset has put you in a Double-NAT situation where their modem is also a router that needs to be configured (I'd recommend bridge mode over trying to juggle port forwarding through two devices like you have)

How to get things configured depends on how much configuring you want to do.

how would I bridge it?

Guest Guest

nevermind, I got it working now...but for some reason I run the test and everything gives the green check mark, but after a few minutes it goes back to a yellow triangle. I run the test again and it puts it back to green checkmark...not sure why it's doing that.

Archived