Adding a torrent, bittorrent tries to download a previously downloaded file

Adrian11711

This doesn't happen to all torrents that I download, but it happens often enough to become frustrating. At times, when I try and add a torrent, Bittorrent will show the tracking and download details of a previously downloaded torrent, and no matter what I try, it doesn't want to download the torrent that I am trying to add. I've even gone so far as to delete the previous torrent that it is trying to download, and remove the files pertaining to that torrent, but nothing helps! Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you resolve it?

Hi Harold

When I click Add Torrent I have the option of selecting the torrent I want Bittorrent to download. Thereafter a screen comes up asking me where I would like the downloaded file saved. The name of the torrent I select and the name of the file it then displays in the Save dialogue differ from one another. It is usually the name of a previously downloaded file. (See attached pics).

So let's say I previously downloaded an episode of Top Gear, and I try to download Underworld, the Save dialogue comes up and displays all the previous settings for the episode of Top Gear, not the new settings for Underworld. Hope I'm making sense! ;)

post-19722-0-27832700-1363264513_thumb.j

post-19722-0-81400000-1363264514_thumb.j

Mystery solved! After a bit of testing, I realised that it was my Download Accelerator that was the culprit. It would download the torrent with the correct file name, but the contents would differ. After disabling downloads via DAP my BitTorrent actually downloads the correct files. Thanks for all the help!

Archived