Torrent Client corrupting files?

Guest Erik

Guest Erik

so i've been using torrent clients for a couple years now and never had a problem like this. My usual client is Utorrent but then one day i tried downloading a couple .avi files and windows media player thinks it's playing, but the movie stays stuck at 00:00. then i tried downloading some .rar files and they're corrupt. then i tried downloading mp3 files and they play for about 1/4 of the song then go to the next song. I then tried switching over to BitTorrent. same errors are happening. is there any options through my torrent clients to help this? and i can't run a system restore either because that doesn't really work either. AVG isn't detecting any viruses so i don't understand.

Are you waiting for the client to say it's done downloading them and not opening as soon as you see that the files are the "correct" size?

AVG is still limited to viruses known to Grisoft as of the release of definitions so it COULD still be a virus.

Could you post a HijackThis log (guide http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=29748) please?

• 8 months later...

Archived