7.8 re-check problem

metaltyrant

For some reason not sure which when bittorrent did a recheck on my files its making either a temporary or fully pre allocating files while its checking. I do not have pre-allocate files checked and when the hdd filled up from the checks it also stopped other checks from happening.

For some reason not sure which when bittorrent did a recheck on my files its making either a temporary or fully pre allocating files while its checking. I do not have pre-allocate files checked and when the hdd filled up from the checks it also stopped other checks from happening.

Had the same issue. Blamed Win8, blamed BitT7.8, blamed HHD. Problem: Disk is 100% overloaded. Solution: Preferences > Advanced > Disk Cache > Override automatic disk caching. The default values stands at 32mb. The most preferred value would have to match the disk cache of the hardware (i.e. HHD). I reduced mine to 16mb, so far so good!

Had the same issue. Blamed Win8, blamed BitT7.8, blamed HHD. Problem: Disk is 100% overloaded. Solution: Preferences > Advanced > Disk Cache > Override automatic disk caching. The default values stands at 32mb. The most preferred value would have to match the disk cache of the hardware (i.e. HHD). I reduced mine to 16mb, so far so good!

Requires BitTorrent restart, maybe PC user restart. To check if the settings are correct go to Speed > Show > Disk Statistics > Write Statistics should display (i.e.) 0.0kb of 16mb. As long as the values match the settings.

Archived