Peer Connection is Low

Guest Erk

On my Vista computer, BitTorrent works perfectly fine using port 14348. On my Windows 7 laptop, I have configured BitTorrent and my firewall to be pretty much the same, even using the same port. When I start a torrent on my laptop, it only connects to seeds and not peers. When I finish downloading and start seeding, I am connected to 11 peers out of 1282, with 7706 seeds. I disabled the firewall and still get the same low amount of peer connections. I am using the same Internet connection with both computers, but my Vista computer is directly connected to the router, whereas my laptop is on a WiFi connection. Also, my computer is able to connect to 45 peers out of 1051 with 336 seeds. My computer can upload at a rate of about 120 kB/s, but my laptop only gets around 20 kB/s. Is there anything I can do to boost my peer connection with my laptop?

Using the same port on two different computers is not recommended, as it generates conflicts between the two computers.

Some torrents just don't have the peer population to allow you to connect to other peers and will only connect you to seeds simply because seeds outnumber peers by that great a margin.

Archived