Torrent Files giving False 100%

Redeem

I've had this issue ongoing for a while now (Had it with uTorrent too)

I'm on the latest version i should assume as automatic updates are working and it's updated a few times not curing it

Whenever I've finished downloading something via BitTorrent, if it's a compressed file of any kind, zip's,iso's etc.

it'll be corrupt, by removing the torrent file and re-adding it (force recheck never seems clickable) it will check and find 99.9% and be missing roughly 10mb in a random part.

This is true of all torrents i've used, while i'm sure removing the torrent may loose a few kb's, 10mb seems a bit steep

It's not a problem i've been able to find online at all however.

Any idea's what to look for to cure this?

Thanks!

Aaron

I've had this issue ongoing for a while now (Had it with uTorrent too)

I'm on the latest version i should assume as automatic updates are working and it's updated a few times not curing it

Automatic updates don't always have the latest version.

If it's happening as frequently as you say it is, it may be a ram, hard drive, or controller issue. If you've tried with more clients than just BitTorrent and uTorrent, it's not a client issue but a computer-specific issue (since uTorrent and BitTorrent use the same core currently).

Question becomes how can i eliminate that option (without swapping hardware about) since this is on a brand new rig, Primary Hard drive's been changed in the time I've been having the issue actually.

I can't see though how a hardware fault could cause such a specific problem.

The torrents are however saved to a secondary hard drive, which hasn't been changed, so as a guess i'll try it on another drive, see how that goes

• 2 weeks later...

This is beyond my expertise, just wanted to add that in order to make "Force Recheck" clickable, the torrent has to be in the "Finished" state with the status bar showing purple.

Also, if you will check the "options" menu (upper left) and select "Show Detailed information", then look at the torrent through the "info" tab or the "files" tab you should be able to see exactly where the missing pieces are. There will be red lines through the green.

I've noticed some torrents are missing pieces on the beginning or near the end, and the graph in "info" showed me where the missing pieces were.

If you see the red lines consistantly in the exact same places, then its not the hardware in my opinion, it has something to do with how the file was authored. IMO.

One other thing, it has been my experience that when Bit Torrent says 100% even though there are still pieces missing, it means that's all there is. Even if its actually 99%, Bit Torrent searched for the missing pieces...couldn't find them...and declared the file "Finished" 100%.

Yeah, in one for example i always find it at about a third the way in, Which would put the torrent file at fault *Phew* just odd how nearly everything I've tried lately does it.

Perhaps if i were to leave it running it may eventually find the finally 0.1%? Hopefully.

Failing that, find another way to download it i suppose

Thanks for the help

Archived