Significant ongoing download while only seeding

boob

I understand when you are seeding a file some low level downloading (protocol overhead?) is normal but I've finished a file a month ago which Im seeding that suddenly has a constant 5-23kB/s downloading for the last half hour. Its my first torrent but from what I can find on forums it seems like a high rate & it hasn't been above 2kB/s in all the rest of the time I've seeded. What's going on?

I've been experiencing the same thing. A nice sized accumulation of it too, after 3 hours. 400MB

I don't know where its going, but I was monitoring my disk space through "My Computer" and that "Protocol bleedover" does take up space.

I'm in XP so I did a disk clean-up through Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup, and got rid of the bleedover.

Thanks I'll try that. The random download has actually sped up now it's consistently between 25-35kB/s. My seeding upload - the whole reason ive kept it - is actually lower than what its download is which is different from normal. Kinda concerned its downloading something nasty.

Archived