Features removed from version 7.5

Guest stalin.josef@mail.ru

Guest stalin.josef@mail.ru

- Ability to select which files to download before loading .torrent into bittorrent

- Ability to view number of seeds and peers connected to .torrent on main screen

Why have these features been removed? These are important !!!

Neither of those features have actually been removed.

Their settings are just off on your computer.

- Ability to select which files to download before loading .torrent into bittorrent

Preferences - UI Settings - "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent"

- Ability to view number of seeds and peers connected to .torrent on main screen

Right-click the column header and turn on the "Seeds" and "Peers" columns.

"Toggle Torrent View" button in the main window (far right of the toolbar, second from the right).

None of the features claimed to be removed have actually been removed.

i disagree. The ability to select/deselect certain files for download before downloading has been removed. Checking the box under pref >ui> display files before downloading does not do anything.

the only way to deselect certain files is to quickly go under files in the bottom frame, right click files, and select don't download.

That's pretty gay. That was one of the best features of bittorrent. The ability to select one song out of a thousand to download, etc..

Looking for a new app...

i disagree. The ability to select/deselect certain files for download before downloading has been removed. Checking the box under pref >ui> display files before downloading does not do anything.

the only way to deselect certain files is to quickly go under files in the bottom frame, right click files, and select don't download.

That's pretty gay. That was one of the best features of bittorrent. The ability to select one song out of a thousand to download, etc..

Looking for a new app...

don't know what i did. but it did work. A small pop up appeared, something about saving to a specific directory. if you click the down arrow (advanced options) the old check boxes for the torrent files appear.

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see an option for UI under Preferences. The only choices in Bittorrent > Preferences are: General Downloads Bandwidth Bittorrent and Network. I am on a Mac if it makes any difference.

Sorry for the blank post.

Check the box under pref >ui> display files before downloading. After you have done that, click on the desired torrent and a small window will pop up that shows you the directory in which the torrent is being downloaded. (labelled Save as)

There you will see a a button with two arrows pointing downwards, clicking on that will show you all the files in the selected torrent.

Guest Guest who found a way!

I believe I've found a way to actually make this work.

BitTorrent 7.5. Open up "Options -> Preferences" and click on the "Advanced" tree. The second line should show the following "bt.auto_dl_enable" and "true". Click on the line and change the value to "false" and you're all ready to go!

That fix didnt work for me. Do you have to reboot for the changes to take effect? I made sure the box in UI settings was checked (which it already was, by default, I guess), and then i changed "bt.auto_dl_enable" to "false". . .and nothing. So i shut down the program and restarted it with a new file...and still the automatic download of every single file started. Went back to preferences to make sure that the changes i made had actually stuck, and they did. It just did nothing for me. Anyone have another direction to point me in? Getting sooo frustrated! Having the choice of which files to download BEFORE the download started was an important feature. What's going on with this new version? I had started a different thread about another feature that seems to be missing. I miss the old BitTorrent!!!!! I love that security holes get patched up with new versions, and that new features are added, but why take away key features?! Even if there is some way to get it working again - why make it so difficult to get what used to be standard default features working? Was the fact that this used to be a good program pissing someone off? Please BitTorrent, bring back the old method of choosing individual files to download (...and bring back the "trackers" tab while you're at it)

I solved the problem but it is a bug you need to toggle view (3 line upper right corner) then untick then tick the show a window that displays files box the bug is you have to do this every time the view is toggled

Preferences - UI Settings - "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent"

My 'show a window that displays the files inside the torrent" has always been enabled, yet I am not given the option to select which files to download... why is that?

I solved the problem but it is a bug you need to toggle view (3 line upper right corner) then untick then tick the show a window that displays files box the bug is you have to do this every time the view is toggled

Hey thanks a million mate!! That worked perfectly well! :-) :D

Guest Michael

thanx It work good

man this thing works, i guess how he found this thing out?

thanx joe !

• 3 weeks later...

the only reason I signed up for the forum is to find a solution to the issue how to select a file from a bundled torrent. even the admin here seems to be helpless

I FIGURED IT OUT! HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

1.) Toggle View (upper right hand corner)

2.) Options > Preferences > Advanced > bt.auto_dl_enable (it should say "enabled", change this to "false")

3.) Options > Preferences > UI Settings > "Show a window that displays..." (it should already be checked, so un-check this box, then re-check this box).

4.) Save preferences and close the BT window.

5.) Go to the BT icon on your task bar, right-click and choose "exit" .

6.) Start BT.

7.) Choose a torrent to download, and enjoy your ability to choose which files in the torrent to download.

I hope this was helpful to you. It worked perfectly for me (Windows 7) .

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that if I use a magnet link, BitTorrent has no idea what the contents of the torrent are until it starts downloading. Would there be any way to create a feature where BT would connect in order to get the information about the torrent, but not start downloading the files until you've had a chance to choose among them?

Guest Anonymous

I have tried that, it doesn't seem too work.

Archived