No incomming connections

Vista585

Hi,

I am using bit torrent to download all my files, I have forwarded a port, added an exception to my firewall, and enabled upnp port mapping as well. And if i click the yellow triangle and run tests the bandwith shows a red cross and the network tells my port is opened and is correctly working and is properly configured but still no incoming connections is there. My downloads have not been downloaded for more than two weeks because of this problem I tried everything and even used port forward.com.

PLEASE HELP!!!

hi my icon goes from green to yellow my port is fowarded and when i run the test i also get the red cross when i choose my location

( its new york # 1) but every time i go back to my setup page it says on top to choose the closest setup location every time ?? it wont save my choice of new youk # 1 ??? my network is yellow and says results port is not open you are still able to download even though my icon goes from yellow back and forth to green my network was always green ??? i use avg antivirus and have a firewall exception i use bittorrent 7.7.3 build 28706 any ideas guys

Vista585, Rupert I'm not any help on this issue, I'm jumping on the wagon.

It seems that since I did an upgrade my incoming connections do not work. Before they were spotty but now I get the triangle all the time. I've done everything Vista585 states and have not had any luck.

I will now roll back my client and see if that helps. I had logged in to see if the problem was just me so maybe my vpn was blocking, but it looks like a common enough issue.

I'm using 7.8.1 build 30016, so hmm on the client.

I wonder if we have some kind of vpn issues? assuming you guys are using vpn.

Are we allowed to state the vpn here? I'm sure there's some instruction manual with this forum, and I'm positive someone has read it with the intent to save me the hassle of answering my question.

Thank you for reading the rules and giving me a ruling on listing my vpn.

hi no i dont use a vpn my icon has been green now for over 3 hours now ??? it is one of those things that happens every few hours as far as getting yellow i keep bittorrent on 24 / 7 as i seed all the time the only time its off is if i have to restart my pc then its right back on as soon as windows restarts i know that bittorrent is kind of buggy when they do updates sometimes thats why i have not done an update in a while so i really dont know why this is happening to me i have not changed any settings or done any updates to change anything ??? mods any ideas at all thanks for your time

hi no i dont use a vpn my icon has been green now for over 3 hours now ??? it is one of those things that happens every few hours as far as getting yellow i keep bittorrent on 24 / 7 as i seed all the time the only time its off is if i have to restart my pc then its right back on as soon as windows restarts i know that bittorrent is kind of buggy when they do updates sometimes thats why i have not done an update in a while so i really dont know why this is happening to me i have not changed any settings or done any updates to change anything ??? mods any ideas at all thanks for your time

I use win7 so I don't know if it was an issue with that.

I give up on the triangle green check symbols. They're irrelevant. I've now had many ppl connected, been uploading at max throughput and have a yellow triangle a lot of the time. Then other times I have a green. So it seems the symbols are not much of a barometer as Harold stated.

I still cannot determine why I was not able to seed for a few days no matter how long my client was running, no matter what I did with my router, firewall, or vpn.

So it's working now. I guess I'd say it was the down grade but it still didn't connect to seed for a few days after I downgraded. I have quite a few torrents to seed from and none of them worked during the down time so I'm at a complete loss as to what the issue was.

Archived