Help With Setting Up Bittorrent With Vpn

freezersarecool

Hello!

I am a new member and although I have been running Bittorrent for some time and am relatively familiar with it, I am not that knowledeable about the set up for vpns with Bittorrent, although I do properly understand how vpns work.  My current set up is as Bittorrent recommends as given by the setup guide.  I am running on fibre optic provided by Orange/EE.

Without vpn on, I get download speeds of up to 5Mb/s and several hundred nodes connected.  When I turn my vpn on, I get virtually no speed or connections through Bittorrent. On checking the settings by running the setup guide, it can't get a bandwidth reading - says "timed out.(10060)".

Please could someone point out to me what I am doing wrong, or what I have missed doing to make this all work?  I have made no changes to my Windows 7 OS at all or am running any software other than Bittorrent and the vpn provider's.  Do I have to make changes to the OS or run other software?  A nice simple web page explaining what you need to do would be great, but I couldn't find one!  Perhaps I was searching incorrectly...

Any help to get this sorted out will be gratefully received!  TIA!

Freezersarecool.

Archived