Slow Downloads Since Updating To 7.9.1

zachtheyak

I updated Bittorrent to the new 7.9.1 version 3 days ago. since then I am lucky to hit over 100kb/s but am generally less than 10kb/s on my downloads. Prior to the update everything was running at max all the time. Its not the torrents or the trackers because I have tried multiple torrents from multiple sources and none will improve.

If anyone has this solution I would really appreciate it. I have not changed anything on my antivirus, and nothing else has changed on my computer. Only bittorrent. If there is no available fix, is there a way to roll back to the previous version of bittorrent? Thanks

I didnt follow any set up guide that I remember. When i booted the program it said a new version was available and do I want to download it. I hit yes, and the next thing I knew my downloads were slow as can be.  I havent changed anything related to my connection in months.

Hi Harold.. I'm also have the same problem since updated to 7.9.1. The download speed is slowing down. Is there any solution for me? after I installed I just set the upload limit to 1kbs only. is there any other setting that I have to make/

thanks in advance..

I was having the same problem.  I fixed mine by going to preferences -> bandwidth, and unchecked "Apply rate limit to uTP connections".   (Only the last box is checked on mine, "Use additional upload slots...")  

Thank you for the solution. My first "solution" was changing the MAXIMUM UPLOAD RATE from 1 which was my option on the previous version of BitTorrent to 0 (unlimited). Once I made that change all my downloads started to download at great speed like if I just injected a turbo on the program. Once I limited back to 1 or 2 the download rate decreased rapidly. I try your solution and it works great (unchecking the uTP connections option) and now I get the fast download rates I am used to while having the upload at

By the way, what is a uTP connection?

I was having the same problem.  I fixed mine by going to preferences -> bandwidth, and unchecked "Apply rate limit to uTP connections".   (Only the last box is checked on mine, "Use additional upload slots...

It works! Thanks buddy.. 

Archived