Cannot download same torrent again

Guest jumbo

I downloaded a complete torrent, and my antivirus deleted certain files. So I turned off my antivirus to download the torrent again and it says : The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents, do you want to add the list of trackers for it?

I don't know what to do, I have answered yes and then no, yet it won't start download. Where is this list? I went to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\BitTorrent and deleted the torrent, yet it still asks the same question. Any suggestions? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ryoki84

i got the same problems with 7.6.

and the torrents(no.)at the left hand side is adding up eventhough i removed torrent.

Ther same here, also 7.6

I downloaded and finished a torrent, but just a selected part of it. Now I want to

download a different part, and I get the same message as mentioned before:

"The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

I also tried answering "Yes" or "No", the torrent still won't be added/started anew.

Also the torrent list on the left keeps encreasing or let's say, it stays the same, no matter if I removed a torrent from the list, after I finished seeding or not...

Maybe this info helps:

After finishing seeding I

-removed the torrent from the list

-moved the original torrent to a different location on my harddisc, but moved it back to the original one now...

-moved the file to an external harddisc now..

Does anyone have a solution??

Nothing helped so far.

THX in advance :(

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to me is that I had the torrent paused overnight and then the next morning when I got back on my laptop I forgot to plug in the power cable and my laptop powered off. Through this all the torrent was still paused but when I start my laptop up again I find that the torrent is gone from bittorrent and when I try to add it back I get the same message and whichever button I click 'Yes' or 'No' nothing happens, even though the bar at the side says that I currently have a torrent on record.

When I click the drop-down button for it, it reads:

>Torrents (1)

Downloading (0)

Seeding (0)

Completed (1)

Active (0)

Inactive (1)

>Labels (1)

No Label (1)

I don't know how to make it active again if it won't even appear in bittorrent.

Appreciate any help, Thanks.

Sorry for double post, forgot to add that I also tried to download the torrent again by going back to the page I got it from but the program still repeats the message. I'm sure I haven't tried everything, but I've tried everything I know.

• 3 weeks later...

here is the solution friends

in windows go to start>run>type "%appdata%" then click bit torrent and double click on the torrent which you think is not downloading again

What happened to me is that I had the torrent paused overnight and then the next morning when I got back on my laptop I forgot to plug in the power cable and my laptop powered off. Through this all the torrent was still paused but when I start my laptop up again I find that the torrent is gone from bittorrent and when I try to add it back I get the same message and whichever button I click 'Yes' or 'No' nothing happens, even though the bar at the side says that I currently have a torrent on record.

When I click the drop-down button for it, it reads:

>Torrents (1)

Downloading (0)

Seeding (0)

Completed (1)

Active (0)

Inactive (1)

>Labels (1)

No Label (1)

I don't know how to make it active again if it won't even appear in bittorrent.

Appreciate any help, Thanks.

SDMSS-Thank you for your post. I'm experiencing the exact same problem (Hidden files and Torrent Dialogue identical) Didn't have this problem until today. Downloading fine last evening. Thank you for suggesting the start>run>type "%appdata%" says no files match search.

Many thanks for your help.

• 1 year later...

I've got a similar but separate problem: I want to seed a "copy" of the same files on two different trackers (via two different torrent files), but cannot. I've hardlinked a completed download to a new directory and downloaded a torrent file from another site that uses a different tracker than the original. When I try to add the torrent, I get the prompt: "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" If I say yes, it merely add the second tracker to the list found in the first torrent. This is not ideal and will get me banned. If I say no, nothing happens. Since I will be seeding from a different directory, in essence, I should have two completely independent torrents, each keeping their own statistics. Please advise.

• 1 month later...

I think I found an answer to some of you here.

I tried to start a torrent on tpb before I opened bittorrent, when i opened it there was a new version (7.8), so I updated it normally, it closed and opened back again, but then the torrent wasn't there anymore and when I tried to click on the magnet link again bittorrent said the torrent was already on the my list etc. It was indeed, but I believe it was labeled as "hidden" and stopped automatically after the update.

so you just need to go there on the left side of bittorrent on the "Labels" part and look for the hidden torrents. then it's simple, just right click on the torrent, go to "labels" there and unclick in "hidden".

• 4 months later...

so you just need to go there on the left side of bittorrent on the "Labels" part and look for the hidden torrents. then it's simple, just right click on the torrent, go to "labels" there and unclick in "hidden".

Yep, works like a charm. was totally worth coming all the way down here, such a simple solution :) thanks fcrossi

• 5 months later...

made an account just to thank fcrossi. couple of torrents been buggin me for days. thanks man

Archived