Torrents End Up On Hidden List, Then Error: Can't Open .torrent File

Business Owl

A few people have posted about these issues, but nothing I've tried so far from other posts has worked.

After updating, torrents stopped showing up on the torrent job list (I also stopped having the dialogue box open when I would start a new torrent). They didn't show up in the "Hidden" list until I would exit BT and then start it up again. When they did appear there, they are listed with "Error: Can't open .torrent file." I would try force re-check and opening the torrent file again, but that made no difference. Sometimes when I would remove and restart the torrent, it wouldn't even show up on the hidden list; otherwise I would have the same problems all over again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling BT, but that's about all I know to do. 

The window that comes up when you load a torrent is likely being displayed on a screen that is not your primary. If you've ever had multiple monitors, it likely ended up on the second screen.

When you load a torrent and would normally have the window, DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING.

Press alt+space then M and use the arrow keys to move the window back on screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived