What to do to speed up downloads

LadyTaz

I am using bit torrent 7.2. I just got a new computer which has Windows 7 installed on it.

On my old computer (which had Windows XP), I had no problems with speed. Many times I was over 120KBs.

But, since I got the new computer with Windows 7, I have problems even getting into the 50's.

(By the way, my old computer was very slow and had less than 1 Gb of Ram.

I now have a computer with 6GB of Ram and I have wifi (I have a Linskys by cisco router [WRT54G2 V1.5]

Being on the net is super fast, but my bit torrent (and even my emule) are slow.

I followed instructions on computer and made a new rule in the Firewall, but it had no effect.

Can anyone help? Please?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Smythers00

Youtube setup guides make recommendations to settings changes that are horrendous for actual performance (such as per-torrent connection limits being higher than global). Please refrain from recommending them.

Ok, so you personally don't want people to watch Youtube videos that make recommendations. Fair enuff. But do u have any suggestions as to how to get more speed? Perhaps maybe a link to some other post we didn't get to yet??

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest noog

I had similar slow speeds with new Windows 7 and wireless n computers with the old g router. after getting a new n router the speeds impoved a lot.

I am using bit torrent 7.2. I just got a new computer which has Windows 7 installed on it.

On my old computer (which had Windows XP), I had no problems with speed. Many times I was over 120KBs.

But, since I got the new computer with Windows 7, I have problems even getting into the 50's.

(By the way, my old computer was very slow and had less than 1 Gb of Ram.

I now have a computer with 6GB of Ram and I have wifi (I have a Linskys by cisco router [WRT54G2 V1.5]

Being on the net is super fast, but my bit torrent (and even my emule) are slow.

I followed instructions on computer and made a new rule in the Firewall, but it had no effect.

Can anyone help? Please?

Thank you

Archived