Avast attacked and killed my update

Beamer Smith

• 10 months later...

I know.. it's all that I could discern.. I wound up rebooting, and re downloading the file from "your" servers and it has been fine ever since.. Latest updates (last 2 for sure) seem to hang Bittorrent if there is nothing for it to download ie. 20 torrents but no seeders on 18... 2 download then requires a reboot to get it going again.. When this happens other items that use the net also get slowed down (newsreader and email for 2)   

Oh.. and thank you Harold (and team) for doing all that you do.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:  Since the last 2 most recent updates I have to reboot my computer in order to un-hang Bittorrent. It will download fine for up to 4 hours then become sluggish in responding to click (like scrolling or clicking on a torrent to check it's status) and a: nothing happens, then b ) it says "not responding" then c) window fades and becomes unresponsive. If I kill the task and reload it usually does come back "like new" but slowly and often becomes unresponsive soon.  After a forced reboot It spend time "checking" each torrent... 

Otherwise the computer is working fine.. This does not happen to any other programme.

Thoughts?

Archived