uTorrent registration

SKB

Sorry about post in this forum, but am unable to register in uTorrent forum. Keep getting response that: "The email address you entered is banned in this forum. Please choose another email address." Cannot understand why my 13 year old Hotmail addressed is banned.

All replies appreciated.

SKB

Just create another email using a service that isn't banned (like yahoo or gmail) then sign up for uTorrent's forum.

I used another email that I created with another service after I tried signing up with the one I usually use to sign up for almost everything. (a hotmail address)[in the uTorrent sign up page]

Thanks for the reply.

1st time I have had my email address "banned". Have been registered at another peer-to-peer forum (Shareaza) for a number of years with no problem. Wonder why uTorrent?

• 5 months later...

Because it's Hotmail.

Hotmail does not accept the registration e-mails from uTorrent's forums.

Its funny that you beleive that. Why would Hotmail bounce or reject any email? And why would they allow emails from bittorrent but not utorrent?

uTorrent's registration system has this stupid exception, while it allows emails from *@microsoft.com *@live.com and *@outlook.com, it denies *@hotmail.com.

Archived