Staying connected

knightndey

First problem in three years of use. Problem didn't start until BitTorrent sent a request asking if I wanted to buy the pro. I said no at the that time (couple months ago).

Facts first:

I use Firefox as my browser.

I have the free version of BitTorrent version 7.7.3 (build 28796) [32-bit]

I want to buy the pro versionnow , but I need this issue solved. When BitTorrent is off, I have no problem staying connected to the internet with both brower and Thunderbird email program.

When I start a download through BitTorrent, the problems begin. After a few minutes neither my browser or email program are connected. BitTorrent stays connected most the time, but also disconnects once in a while if I have the browser or email window open.

IF only BitTorrent is open, then it has no problem staying connected.

If a=c and a=b, then b=c....that is what it seems like...lol. Is this one for the books or has it happened before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to buy the pro version if I can't do other work with my browser or email.

Forgot, I tested this with IE and Microsoft Outlook and the same thing happens...

Thanks in advance... :wacko:

Steve

What internet security software do you have installed?

What router are you using?

I have Avast and Norton. I had them before I used BitTorrent and never had any problem in the beginning.

I connect with a Belkin f7d4302. Works great. Remember I only have the connections problems when BitTorrent is running now. Never use to. I'd like to get the pro if I knew I would not have these problems....

Thanks for your quick reply on this....much appreciated!

Norton is known to cause its own fair share of problems, as are belkin routers.

Do you have the SPI Firewall enabled in the Belkin router configuration?

I have the same problem when I also uninstall Norton and Avast.

I don't see where the choices are for the SPI Firewall. On the wireless configuration it shows my firewall as windows and it has Belkin as an exception. But even when I go direct and bypass the Belkin, the same dropoff problem happens. It is interesting though that I can download movies and such, it is just that when BitTorrent is running it causes Firefox and the Thunderbird email programs to stop getting connection to the internet. If I start repair on the network connection, it makes it work, but then losses connection after a few minutes.

it Might caused by 'SVCHOST.exe' is being blocked by firewall...... or you unrealized it automatically blocked by security software.

I use Avast & Outpost firewall, and if i Block 'svchost.exe' accessing local host (by outpost firewall),,, then the result my internet connection stop working.

If it's happening with direct connection, then it may be something provided by your internet provider that is causing the problem.

What modem did they issue you with?

No modem here, corporate housing units where I just plug into the wall directly or plug in my router for wireless.

But why would it happen only when BitTorrent is in use. It stays connected when Firefox or Thunderbird email is not in use. But none of them can be on together or connection is lost.

it Might caused by 'SVCHOST.exe' is being blocked by firewall...... or you unrealized it automatically blocked by security software.

I use Avast & Outpost firewall, and if i Block 'svchost.exe' accessing local host (by outpost firewall),,, then the result my internet connection stop working.

Doesn't matter if I have security software off or on. If Bit Torrent is on with Firefox browser or Thunderbird Email, then eventually within minutes I lose internet connection. My signal is still strong if using the router, but no connection to open anything and BitTorrent downloads slowly stop..

Archived