Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.
BitTorrent 7.8 Stable
Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:33 AM
BitTorrent 7.8: Performance and streamlining headline list of improvements
BitTorrent 7.8 gets a dramatic rewrite to its disk i/o, which means noticeable performance gains in multi-tasking. For example, you can delete files from a torrent or move torrents to a new location, but without the usual slow-down in torrent downloading. Or, download torrents to two different drives, but with the speed of downloading to a single drive. You'll notice gains at both low and high speeds, and whether you're writing to local disk, a RAID or a network drive. You'll also experience improvements to the disk subsystem and rate limiter.
Next, we streamlined BitTorrent features by eliminating underused and non-core features, including Apps and Find Content, the dual list view and the "getting started" tab.
Finally, we made a few bug fixes including a fix that noticeably speeds up the rendering of magnet links.
--2013-05-10: Version 7.8 stable (build 29676)
- Fix: More install stability issues
- Updated Eula screens
--2013-04-30: Version 7.8 stable (build 29626)
- Fix: Crash when playing media files in BitTorrent Plus
- Fix: Hash failures when quickly writing to slow media
- Fix Installer crash
--2013-04-14: Version 7.8 stable (build 29545)
- Fix for Checked 0.0% regression
--2013-04-11: Version 7.8 stable (build 29534)
- Fix: Install fix
--2013-04-01: Version 7.8 stable (build 29421)
- Fix: Skipped file allocation
--2013-03-13: Version 7.8 stable (build 29334)
- Fix: Installer hanging while offline
- Fix: Delay in installer
- Fix: Client not starting after update
- Fix: Duplicate device names for android devices
- Fix: Torrent paused state was reset when restarting client
- Fix: PLUS: Post-expiration, playing a file pops up errors
- Fix: gdi leak in add torrent dialog and devices pane
- Fix: remove torrent dialog, default to 'ok'
- Fix: fix flushing of completed pieces immediately
- Fix: fix disk flushing not being triggered every time it should be
--2013-02-12: Version 7.8 (build 29112)
- Fix: Client crash
- Fix: gdi leak when resizing window
- Fix: Reduce installer size by 100kb
- Fix: DHT announce performance issue corrected
- Fix: don't warn about torrents not being done uploading when explicitly stopped
Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:37 PM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:26 AM
Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:10 PM
its very very heavy !
Max 70 - 90 % CPU
Min 20 - 50 % CPU
v. 7.7 is better .
Please Check .
Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:25 PM
I don't Understand .
Delete Tracker ?But this problem was there again Tracker Low .
Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:50 PM
Clean it up a LOT (and by a lot I mean remove all trackers that weren't in the torrent when you got it)
Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 PM
Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:00 PM
I had the same problem… :|
Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 PM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:08 PM
OK, thank you
Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:37 PM
Then can someone tell me why my DHT is not logging in. All I did was update to the new version.
Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:26 PM
Torrents also don't download in order of queue. What is wrong?
Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:48 PM
Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:02 AM
Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:39 AM