BitTorrent 7.8 Stable

Download the new version here

BitTorrent 7.8: Performance and streamlining headline list of improvements

BitTorrent 7.8 gets a dramatic rewrite to its disk i/o, which means noticeable performance gains in multi-tasking. For example, you can delete files from a torrent or move torrents to a new location, but without the usual slow-down in torrent downloading. Or, download torrents to two different drives, but with the speed of downloading to a single drive. You'll notice gains at both low and high speeds, and whether you're writing to local disk, a RAID or a network drive. You'll also experience improvements to the disk subsystem and rate limiter.

Next, we streamlined BitTorrent features by eliminating underused and non-core features, including Apps and Find Content, the dual list view and the "getting started" tab.

Finally, we made a few bug fixes including a fix that noticeably speeds up the rendering of magnet links.

Changelog:

--2013-05-10: Version 7.8 stable (build 29676)

- Fix: More install stability issues

- Updated Eula screens

--2013-04-30: Version 7.8 stable (build 29626)

- Fix: Crash when playing media files in BitTorrent Plus

- Fix: Hash failures when quickly writing to slow media

- Fix Installer crash

--2013-04-14: Version 7.8 stable (build 29545)

- Fix for Checked 0.0% regression

--2013-04-11: Version 7.8 stable (build 29534)

- Fix: Install fix

--2013-04-01: Version 7.8 stable (build 29421)

- Fix: Skipped file allocation

--2013-03-13: Version 7.8 stable (build 29334)

- Fix: Installer hanging while offline

- Fix: Delay in installer

- Fix: Client not starting after update

- Fix: Duplicate device names for android devices

- Fix: Torrent paused state was reset when restarting client

- Fix: PLUS: Post-expiration, playing a file pops up errors

- Fix: gdi leak in add torrent dialog and devices pane

- Fix: remove torrent dialog, default to 'ok'

- Fix: fix flushing of completed pieces immediately

- Fix: fix disk flushing not being triggered every time it should be

--2013-02-12: Version 7.8 (build 29112)

- Fix: Client crash

- Fix: gdi leak when resizing window

- Fix: Reduce installer size by 100kb

- Fix: DHT announce performance issue corrected

- Fix: don't warn about torrents not being done uploading when explicitly stopped

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I don't understand but BitTorrent will only download one torrent at a time, and to begin another download I have to exit the program and restart it. All other downloads sit at "0.0% Checked" status and will not download unless I restart program.

Torrents also don't download in order of queue. What is wrong?

I can't install latest version 7.8 build 29463 because can't press "Next" button at first screen (step 1/4) after launch "BitTorrent.exe" and also can't close this window by pressing "x" button, only task manager can help me. My last version was 7.7.3 and I can't update it to last stable with "Check for updates" so, I delete my old version w/o deleting settings and torrents and download new, but I can't install it. Also checking to install my old version, and it install correctly, but in new one I can't accept licence agreement by pressing "Next" button.

MzbL22VL.png

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS NOT STABLE!!!! Nothing works since I installed this update. All torrents are "paused" or "connecting to peers". Cannot even force start. Running tests: speed tests failed. I knew I shouldn't have updated. How can I revert back to the previous version without uninstalling and reinstalling?

My initial recommendation regarding norton is to completely remove it and replace it with something better like microsoft security essentials.

If you're not willing to do that, go into the program exceptions list in norton's configuration, and remove and re-create all rules for bittorrent in it.

Archived