So I've been torrenting music for a couple years now, and maybe 2/3 of the music I download has this same issue. I find an album I want on Kickass Torrents or Pirate Bay and download it via BitTorrent. The files completely finish downloading, then I open them up in iTunes and start playing them. Some/all of the songs don't play all the way through, they skip to the next track at the same time every time. The weird part is, I know the full file is there (and not corrupted or only partially downloaded) because if I click to a part of the song that comes after the place it usually skips the song plays all the way through.

This has happened a lot. I check the comments on the torrent site, usually the reviews are all positive with little to no complaints, and definitely no references to what I'm experiencing.

I'm on a Macbook Pro running El Capitan (10.11.3) with iTunes (12.4.1.6) and BitTorrent (7.4.3).

Any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I've been having the exact same problem. No clue what the problem is or how to fix it but I have found that if I make a copy of the file (in Finder; trying to copy it in itunes actually resulted in a shortened version of the song...), the copy version seems to play fine. Suffice it to say, it's a bit of a pain to go through and manually copy each file so I've actually been using file conversion software (I use XLD; it's free and pretty simple to do multiple albums in one go; I'm sure any other'd work fine too). Output format doesn't seem to matter, it really does just seem to be a question of creating a new file.

Again, this is less of a fix and more of a work-around but I hope it's useful; if anyone knows what the actual problem is/how to fix it, that'd be much appreciated!!

Archived