7.6.1 constantly crashes

Guest MuffinMan7580

Guest MuffinMan7580

I was prompted to update my old version of BitTorrent, so I did, now it constantly crashes. Why? What was wrong with it in the first place (It looked like it was in a window, everyone wants something to look pretty nowadays).

I also noticed the same problem. whenever the nodes cross 100 it crashes.. It forced me to upgrade and told me that its a stabler version.. my arse!

Guest Alton

Have you tried with f-secure temporarily uninstalled?

Have you tried deleting settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\bittorrent ?

How do you go about deleting those ... the steps pls.

Thank you

Guest Zeronames

start - run - %appdata%\bittorrent

delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old with bittorrent closed.

Worked for like 90 seconds after clearing those. Crashed as soon as I had finished setting my preferences back to the way I liked them.

Crashes all the time , can not understand how to do like you say . delete settings dat and settings dat old , while bittorrent is closed . I close the bittorrent program , goto start /run as adminastrater /then I type in ,%appdata%\bittorrentdeletesettings.dat and settings .dat.old and nothing ? and to close the program , I red x it and windows ask's me if I want to close the program and possiably lose info or wait for the program to respond . I choose to close , it takes a minute to close and then I reopen it ,so it will work for a little while ? I have McAfee internet security windows 7 IE9 ? what else can I say ? Please help me .

Guest Kassa

Indeed. Since updating to version 7.6.1, on Win 7 x64, BitTorrent crashes frequently.

AGREE crashes all the time.. Getting annoyed! :angry:

@Tth (if this person is ever going to come back): DId you do what Harold suggested (disabling [temp uninstalling] F-Secure and doing the thing with the Settings.dat and the Settings.dat.old files?

To everyone else: What is your antivirus or autobackup software? (If your AV/Auto Backup software is causing issues try disabling it and see if it solves the issue.)

Also: If you want to not update just uncheck the 'check for updates' box in the settings menu (under general settings).

Guest aimee

I removed those files suggested (settings.dat and settings.dat.old), and that seems to be working. I'm gonna try and reactivate my McAfee antivirussoftware...

Guest valyrion

I'm using KIS, and I've tried to pause protection, but its still unstable or else crashes. Maybe it can be helped by changing preferences?

Guest Dollymadison

Where can I download an older version? I'd rather just install an older version than wait for someone to try to come up with a fix for this. If I can't get an older version, I'll just uninstall and start using Utorrent! This is really annoying!

Guest agapeburt

We don't provide support for downgrading. Sorry.

Obviouly you don't provide support for a buggy update either!

As soon as I updated, it started freezing up and crashing.

Win7 64 bit. MSE

Archived