Download Speed too slow...

Gautham0123

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bittorent and utorent use p2p file sharing protocol. Meaning it gets the file from other users that have downloaded the file. From a ratio of 10, if 10 people has downloaded the file and only one out of ten is sharing it don't expect that your download speed it fast. That's why if you read comments on torrent site the most repeated comment is "PLEASE SEED" meaning "PLEASE SHARE THE FILE" in torrent software like you utorrent and bittorent and keyword is "UPLOAD". Some users after successfully downloading the file they stop it, not noticing that the ''UPLOAD" is still running. That's why your download speed is slow because other users don't upload it AKA ''SEEDING". It's not the fault of your ISP. But it's the fault of the users that have successfully downloaded the file and does't seed it.

You guys do realize that your download speed is controlled by the number of seeders and peers that are available to seed at the exact time you want to DL?

If there is only 1 seeder up-loading at 100kb/s then your max downspeed is going to be 100kb/s. If there is another peer DLing at the same time as you, then your max DL speed will be whatever BitTorrent allows to fluctuate your way. If there are 6 DL'ers at the same time you're there, you might not get anything until one of the other DL'ers leaves.

Seeders and ISPs are not responsible for how fast you get your download.

I prefer to DL between 2AM & 6AM because there is less competition for seeders bandwidth. That's also why it is important for those DL'ers to set their up-load speed to "unlimited" while they are DL'ing. If everybody did that, noone would ever have to wait for seeders to become available. You would only need 1 100% seeder. He could litterally seed 100s of peers at the same time in a matter of maybe 30 minutes. And the speeds would be way higher than you think you would be able to achieve. More like 650kb/s...THAT'S IF ALL YOU PEERS WOULD CO-OPERATE AND SHARE WITH EVERYONE ELSE.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Ive seen all the questions and answers here, but, look, this is my download speed http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3185308305%C2'> and is not like Im trying to download something that has no peers, actually im trying to downloada game which has 1 month old, 890 seed and 1754 leech and the fastest that has reached is between 20kb/s when I have downloaded music albums or movies @ 1Mb/s, but not games. Is there logical answer to that?

administrators or knowledged user, can you help me, please?

Thanks

Archived