DL Speed below my MBit max for months - please help!

Baysic

Hello,

I am a fairly experienced Bittorrent user. Over the past 3 months I have downloaded a fair amount of files (around 1TB). Prior to now I have had here and there speed problems but nothing like this.

My provider (ATT Uverse) plan that I have nets me 18MB/s download and is capped at about 1.5MB/s upload due to their outdated wiring. With this I can download between 1.7 and 2.0 Mbs/second per the bittorrent client.

I have noted over the past 2 months or so that I cannot break through 1.2MB/s on bittorrent. I queued up the top 5 most seeded files, the single top file etc in all various ways to hit something near 1.8 to no avail. It is as if there is an invisible cap at 1.2 and I just cannot figure out how to break through.

My speedtest.net returns my known 18 mb down and 1.5 mb up with a ping usually in the 30s. This is the norm. Nothing else I do is affected.

I test with everything set to unlimited, then uTP limited, then upload limited to half, then to only 10 or 15Kbs/s and nothing changes. I notice if i upload at max my DL can't maintain its top so I tend to throttle that back. I currently have firewall exception and random port set. The only hick-up I ever see is when i do CNTR + G that my port is not forwarded (random forwarding remember). This is all I can find.

Any help for me out there? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I will say that I JUST uninstalled and reinstalled the client and my speed was up to 1.6MB/s for a bit which made me ecstatic. I had stepped away from my PC (and house) for an hour and came back to see it, then as I moved my mouse (did not web interaction mind you) it dropped down to 1.0 and then blipped up to 1.2 again.. 

I agree it isn't bad but I am used to 1.8. Everything is 1.2 no matter who and where it is from. I know my bandwidth isn't maxed because I can continue to browse the web at normal speed without the torrent speed dropping. Oh well was hoping it was a common enough issue.

Archived