Ad Banner in 7.7

concord72

There is no "sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" option in the advanced settings. When I type "spon" it doesn't show anything (blank result)

EDIT, I can right click the left banner and hide it. For the top, go to Advanced and search for "Content" in the filter field

Click the "content_offer_url" and set it to "0" (numerical zero), or you can use U+200C from windows character map (arial selection) and paste it in the settings a few times.

There is no "sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" option in the advanced settings. When I type "spon" it doesn't show anything (blank result)

EDIT, I can right click the left banner and hide it. For the top, go to Advanced and search for "Content" in the filter field

Click the "content_offer_url" and set it to "0" (numerical zero), or you can use U+200C from windows character map (arial selection) and paste it in the settings a few times.

Thank you, Mobius - I was having the very same problem, and upon re-starting this solved it as far as the ad on the side.. The one on top is still there, however.

preferences - advanced - sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled

I think this is a scam. I've searched trough ALL the settings and I find no filter that says this

Thank you, Mobius - I was having the very same problem, and upon re-starting this solved it as far as the ad on the side.. The one on top is still there, however.

I can confirm that mine works

._. I hate BitTorrent now

Not interested in the ads.

Shame, I have been using utorrent & bit torrent for years.

After all these years, I will be looking for another torrent program.

That is how much I hate having ads delivered without my permission; ads simply sh*t me to death.

I wonder what will come first?

A new torrent program installed on my computer;

Or an answer in this thread as to how we get rid of the bar?

(no suggestions in this post, so far, work)

the solution is fairly retarded :D

1. For Connectify - click Instant Download and it will add to your queue Connectify

2. Right click on that Connectify torrent and remove it completely

3. Then it will be BT LIVE, also Instant Download, also it will be in your queue. Remove it as well.

4. Now it will say that they don't have more ads, click ond the small boxed X and you're golden :DDD

the solution is fairly retarded :D

1. For Connectify - click Instant Download and it will add to your queue Connectify

2. Right click on that Connectify torrent and remove it completely

3. Then it will be BT LIVE, also Instant Download, also it will be in your queue. Remove it as well.

4. Now it will say that they don't have more ads, click ond the small boxed X and you're golden :DDD

It works but I doubt that it will stay that way forever /:

How ironic, the ad banner seems to have boosted piracy on connectify wifi thing

well, maybe until the next update.

But, if I can use BT for free all this years and it has been working flawlessly all that time, I don't mind downloading program or two that I'll never use, or actually fully download, just to support the development. So I'm ok, as long you have some option to opt out without spending money.

Hate it so bad, will be following this thread with much interest. Hopefully BT Inc come to their senses and add an option to disable this crap. Although, I'd say they'll be unwilling to do that as the inability to remove the thing will undoubtedly be written into the contract they have with the companies they are advertising. MOAR REVENUE!!

Hate it so bad, will be following this thread with much interest. Hopefully BT Inc come to their senses and add an option to disable this crap. Although, I'd say they'll be unwilling to do that as the inability to remove the thing will undoubtedly be written into the contract they have with the companies they are advertising. MOAR REVENUE!!

No, this was just an oversight. We added the option to uT and just... forgot to do it on BT. We'll be fixing that shortly.

Archived