Seeding an orginal torrent and it won't upload

crow5716

I am seeding 3 orginal torrents and they are barely uploading.

Here are the 3 file sizes and what I have upload so far. It has taken me over 2 weeks to upload this much.

file size / uploaded

125 MB / 1.18 GB

103 MB / 552 MB

114 MB / 936 MB

I have a 2 MB upload speed. Speed test said so as so does Bitorrent when I run the test to configure speed.

Every torrent has a bunch of peers just sitting there. So there are a bunch of people that want the file, but my bittorrent software will sit there all day and won't upload anything sometimes. 1 of those files always has over 20 or 30 leechers but none of them have 100% of the file. So file availability is always at 1.985 because all anyone has is 98.5%

So why do I have all of these peers wanting my file and my bit torrent barely uploads. While watching the peer tab, every once in a while one person might show up that I upload at like 1kb/s for 1 sec. The que says 5bytes and then it will sit idle for hours.

Any help please.

-crow

Maybe you have too much speed. Have you tried lowering your speed limits to say 30kb/s per file?

I was seeding one like that a couple of months ago. It seemed like the users would only get .02ks/s at a time. I figured out that there was a corrupted file. If Bit Torrent suspects a corrupted file anywhere within the dl, it hesitates.

These are just shots in the dark. I'm new, but I'm experienced.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm very glad I signed up for this forum.

I mean all of you reaching out to help or explain has been so so helpful. I can't thank everyone enough. I came here with a problem and got some great great advice and now everything is working as it should. Top notch forum. Really, I just can't tell you how appreciative I am.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

-crow

Archived